Utilizing the Four Pillars approach, we work closely with clients to:
- Accelerate key finance activities to enable more agile, proactive decision-making
- Optimize and automate tactical activities so finance can focus on strategic goals.
- Implement “best in class” technologies to improve organizational integration, collaboration and planning.
- Facilitate a culture of open communication, empowerment, accountability, and leadership.
- Identify and address existing and emerging skills gaps to position the company for growth.
The Venture Accelerator service is an ongoing subscription program that follows these steps:
Discover: Understand client’s mission, goals and strategy. Identify pain points and impediments to sustainable, scalable growth.
Assess: Review and document all existing financial systems, processes and reporting. Identify gaps and target areas for improvement.
Transform: Implement financial system, process and reporting improvements. Partner with finance team in knowledge transfer of best practices.
Optimize: Provide ongoing system, process, and management support. Deliver detailed financial analysis and report packages.
By progressing to the top level in each pillar, finance emerges as a world-class organization and takes a leadership role within the company.
With the Venture Accelerator service, clients enjoy the benefits of Carlson’s executive finance consultants for less than the cost of a full-time employee. Clients realize quantifiable benefits as FP&A and reporting processes are made more efficient, integrated and accurate; thus, positioning them for growth at scale. Finance teams move from transaction-based, tactical activities to the more strategic, forward-focused planning exercises that are highly valued by executive teams and investors.